Director of Litigation
Jesse Evans-Schroeder is an experienced attorney committed to defending the rights of immigrants.
A graduate of the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Ms. Evans-Schroeder gained experience in immigration law through work with the law college's immigration clinic, as well as with the Asylum Project of Southern Arizona, the Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project, and Southern Arizona Legal Aid's immigration unit.
After law school, Ms. Evans-Schroeder began to work at the Law Offices of Matthew H. Green where she has continued her immigration practice. Ms. Evans-Schroeder has a particular expertise in deportation defense. She represents both detained and non-detained individuals in removal proceedings throughout Arizona, and deals with the intersection of criminal and immigration law on a daily basis. She is an experienced asylum attorney, and an advocate for those victims of domestic violence and other serious crimes who are eligible for certain immigration benefits. Ms. Evans-Schroeder also has a range of experience practicing at the Board of Immigration Appeals, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco, California, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. She has successfully sued the U.S. government in a variety of immigration matters, on behalf of her clients.
A long history as an advocate for women, children, and families led Ms. Evans-Schroeder to the practice of law, and to the practice of immigration in particular. She treats her clients with dignity and respect while providing strong advocacy as they face the challenges of the U.S. immigration system. Ms. Evans-Schroeder has participated in and helped coordinate a number of public service events related to immigration law, including workshops and fairs for Naturalization and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). She also has considerable experience in U Visa and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) advocacy.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Immigration
- 100% Devoted to Litigation
- Arizona, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2016
The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: With Honors
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) - 1997
- Major: History/Women's Studies
Honors and Awards
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity Scholar Award in Refugee Law
- James E. Rogers College of Law Award in Oral Advocacy
- Top Pro Bono Attorney, Arizona State Bar, 2013
- Invited Speaker, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Annual Conference, 2018
- Invited Speaker, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Annual Convening, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona State Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- Pima County Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- National Immigration Project, Member, 2009- Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2009 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- William E. Morris Institute for Justice, Law Clerk, 2007 - 2008
- Tucson Municipal Court, Law Clerk, 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Supervising Attorney-Mi Familia Vota , 2011 - 2012
- Volunteer Supervising Attorney-University of Arizona Child and Family Law Clinic, 2011 - 2012
- Volunteer Supervising Attorney, University of Arizona Immigration Law Clinic, 2011- 2017
Póngase en contacto con nosotros para una consulta!
El Bufete de Abogados de Matthew H. Green está concentrado en la defensa agresiva de inmigrantes.
Contact Us Today!
The Law Offices of Matthew H. Green is focused on the aggressive defense of immigrants.